Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Today

Today I sewed a blanket for the baby. In talking with Liz yesterday, I realized that the baby will be too small for clothes, even preemie ones, and I want the baby to be wrapped in something from us. I don't know yet if I want the blanket back afterward or not. I can decide later.

The blanket is very simple. I took a piece of flannel fabric with pastel teddy bears on it and some other material that is pale pastel blue and sewed them together so that one side is the bears and the other side the blue. Then I sewed a heart into each of the 4 corners of the blanket.

Afterward I thought of how, in the old days, people used to sew death shrouds for their loved ones who had died. I could see it as an act of love.

I had the same u/s tech for today's u/s that I had yesterday. She was so kind and understanding. She asked me if I wanted a picture of the baby (which I had decided to ask for before going in). She gave me a picture of the baby's arm and hand and another of the baby's profile. I asked her if she could find out if it was a boy or girl. She said she'd try, but she couldn't get a good enough view to tell. We'll know soon enough.

In addition to checking the placenta's position, she took some measurements of the baby. Of the 4 measurements I saw, they came up as 15 wks, 16 wks, and 2 at 17 wks. I didn't see how many days each measurement was in addition to the weeks. She didn't tell me what she'd found with the placenta's position, but I saw her type "no placenta previa" on the screen, so I'm assuming things will progress on Friday morning much like Liz said when she talked to us yesterday. I will find out for sure tomorrow when I talk to Liz about the u/s results.

I also spent alot of time today on the phone making arrangements for the kids for Friday.

0 comments: