Wednesday, October 22, 2008

13 Wk Level 2 Ultrasound

My u/s went well. I was so scared, nervous, anxious, and all those other feelings. It doesn't help that I had a bad dream last night about the u/s. I know it was just a dream, but it didn't help.

The perinatologist checked out the baby's bladder, kidneys, neck, limbs, brain, heart, and took lots of measurements. The measurements put the baby at 13 wks 2 dys, and I'm 13 wks 3 dys, so that's good. The placenta is posterior and high. Baby's HB was 150 again. The dr said she suggested another level 2 u/s after 22 wks to check the baby's heart. She could see that it had 4 chambers, but because the baby is still so little, it was hard to see much else with the heart. As far as she could tell, everything looks great! Baby had his/her legs stretched out much of the time as well as having hands up by his/her face.

And the machine was a 3D u/s, so I got some really neat 3D pics as well as 2D ones.

0 comments: