Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Lonely, Empty

Lately I've been feeling lonely and empty. I think a good part of it has to do with the introspective thoughts I've been having, especially in regard to missing my babies and trying to figure out what the future holds for us. It's not that I feel lonely because I think no one else has experienced similar things. It's hard to explain. Maybe that's it ... that I'm alone in my head with my thoughts and feelings and am having trouble putting them into words.

I can tell that I've been looking to Josh to fill me up so that I don't feel this way, but then I realized that I can't go to him for that. God is the one I need to rely on to make me feel whole and full again. As much as my husband is my heart and my other half, it's not something he can do. There is only one who can, and it is to Him I must go.

3 comments:

MapleCottage said...

Melanie, I go through that same emptiness.. It seems sometimes that God is so far away but I know it is me, not him.. I continue to think of you often.
Sheri

weinloveforever said...

((((big hugs Melanie))))

~ you are not alone in your feelings. Remember that our enemy loves to corner us into thinking this! May our God of peace that surpasses all understanding gently hold you today and in the days ahead ~

Heather

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it just seems like too much work to try to put what we feel into words. I know I've thought sometimes that if what I was feeling COULD be put into words, it would cheapen it somehow. It's okay to be quiet, too. (((HUGS)))