Monday, December 1, 2008

Looking for Answers

The funeral home called today. We can't get up there today or tomorrow, especially since they close at 5:00 and have a few funerals tomorrow afternoon, and I'll have EZ then. (I said I was willing to care for him this week.) Josh and I plan to go on Wednesday after lunch to meet with the funeral director. I just want to get it done with, but we can't make it til then.

Many people have asked if we have been given any reason as to why Hannah died. As I mentioned in her birth story, there were no obvious signs at her birth to indicate why she died. The level 2 ultrasound I had done at 13 wks didn't show any problems at all.

We are having a surgical exam done on Hannah as we did with Grace. Whether or not that gives us any answers, I will also most likely have some bloodwork done after 6 wks postpartum to check for things I might have developed (like a clotting disorder or some types of infections) which may have led to losing Hannah. Liz has talked to the drs she works with and come up with a list of things for which to test.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I wondered if maybe you have a blood incompatibility issue. If your dh has an antigen on his blood cells that he passes to a baby & your body has made antibodies against that antigen, then subsequent pregnancies can run into challenges. That's what happened with my pregnancy with Joshua.

I sincerely hope you learn something from the tests so that you'll know what happened.

((( hugs )))

Kristin said...

I hope you get some answers, Mel.

Jenni said...

Praying for some answers.